Moving from California to Wisconsin
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Wisconsin. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Wisconsin
Have you been thinking of experiencing sub-American culture like the Scandinavian and German American culture? Well, Wisconsin is the right place to go. Enjoy the festivals, scenery, lakes and cool places in Wisconsin like the Harley museum and magic theater. Wisconsin is also famous for its dairy products, so get ready to enjoy a lot of cheese.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• Avoid moving in the Winter month due to heavy snowfall and icy roads.
• Drive carefully to avoid accidents and damages. Potholes tend to appear after the snow melts in springtime.
• Check on local parking restrictions before moving. Wisconsin street has restricted parking requiring payment or permit. However, you do not need any moving permits.
• Be sure to check the local schedule before moving to make allowance for blocked roads and traffic congestion. Wisconsin hosts big annual shows that attract lots of people.
• It is necessary to obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within 60 days after moving.
• Late spring is the best time to find a rental property around Wisconsin college towns as students tend to rent them at the end of summer and beginning of fall.
• If you are moving to one of Wisconsin’s college towns, pick your moving date carefully. Late August and early September welcome thousands of students arriving to start their studies, so streets can be busier than normal.
• Cost of living: The cost of living, housing, rent, utilities, healthcare in most cities in Wisconsin is fairly expensive and varies in each region you move in but not more costly than living in California. Urban places will cost more expenses than rural areas.
• Transportation: Wisconsin’s transportation system comprises highways, roads, airports, railways, harbors, public transit, and infrastructure for pedestrians and bicyclists. However, there is no toll road in Wisconsin.
• Climate: Wisconsin experiences a continental climate. Summers are hot, humid and can be bearable. Winters are cold with heavy snowfall.
• Education: Wisconsin schools are top rated and offer great value and affordability with over 200 school districts and over 80 colleges and universities. Including Elm brook school district, the school district of whitefish bay and the Mequon-Thiensville school district. The University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee school of engineering and Marquette University.
• Government: Visit wisconsin.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help with your Wisconsin home search and help to transport your items? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Wisconsin. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Wisconsin? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Wisconsin, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Wisconsin with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Wisconsin, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Wisconsin. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Wisconsin so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Wisconsin, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Wisconsin. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Wisconsin. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!