Moving from California to Washington
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Washington. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Washington
Washington state is among the top five popular states preferred by California locals for various reasons, including beautiful scenery, colder weather, high tech industries, and a diversified growing economy. The evergreen state is one of the few places in the world that offers diverse experiences from its stunning island retreats, coastal rain forest, snowcapped mountain, and culturally diverse urban areas.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
– Prices are not likely to fluctuate at a specific time of the year. Renting a moving truck will cost you about the same all year round. Therefore, you can move at any time.
– The wettest time of the year is November through January.
– Be prepared for rain and snow if you propose to move in the fall or winter. The temperature can drop below 20 degrees in the winter.
– Bear in mind there is high traffic during sporting events due to the proximity of the Seattle Seahawks and Mariner’s stadium to downtown.
– Cost of Living: The amount spent on a house, groceries, utilities, transportation, and healthcare depends entirely on the area in which you move. Urban places like Seattle will cost more than in rural areas.
– Washington has one of the best wage rates within the country, and taxes are more favorable than California.
– Housing: Prices fluctuate. There are no price controls on the apartment rental rate. Suppose you come across a lovely apartment while hunting, grab it. Vacant apartments do not stay on the market long.
– Climate: The summer is relatively dry, with an average of 75-degrees Fahrenheit. The winters are wet, cold, and snowy. Eastern Washington is protected against the weather extremes by cascade and the Rocky Mountains.
– Education: Washington is home to topnotch public and private universities, and these universities offer scholarships and affordable tuition to Washington residents.
– Government: visit https://access.wa.gov for legal requirements and helpful links.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Washington. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Washington? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Washington, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Washington with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Washington, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Washington. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Washington so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Washington, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Washington. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Washington. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!