Moving from California to South Dakota
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in South Dakota. Contact us now!
Moving from California to South Dakota
South Dakota is a wild state known for the Black Hills, abundant wildlife, low population, friendly folks, and vibrant culture. Besides its rich culture, South Dakota boasts a business-friendly economy and a growing job market with affordable living.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• The best time to plan on moving to South Dakota is the Fall season
• Try to plan your move time to early mornings and late evening and drink plenty of water if you choose to move to South Dakota in the summer. Summer months can be hot and uncomfortable.
• Check on local parking restrictions before moving to South Dakota. However, you do not need any moving permits and no toll roads.
• Make sure to have tornado preparedness kits that contain non-perishable foods, water, flashlights, a radio, pet food, extra medications, and a first aid kit.
• It is necessary to obtain a driver’s license and vehicle registration within 90 days of moving to the state.
• Cost of living: South Dakota ranks top 5 in most affordable to live in the US. The cost of living, housing, utilities is relatively lower than the national average. South Dakota does not assess a state income tax compared to California’s 13% tax rate.
• Transportation: you’ll need access to a vehicle if you want to get around the state due to the tons of wide-open space. However, there are several modes of transportation to choose from.
• Climate: Winters are extremely cold and often bring heavy snow, relatively low rainfall in Fall, Spring and summers bring tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Always make sure to listen to the weather forecast and take cover if you hear a tornado warning.
• Education: South Dakota has quality educational institutions from kindergarten to graduate schools.
• Government: Visit sd.gov for more state and legal information
Want an expert to help you with your move and South Dakota home search? Send a message to get started today!
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to South Dakota. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to South Dakota? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in South Dakota, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more.
We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
When you buy your next home in South Dakota with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to South Dakota, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to South Dakota. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in South Dakota so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in South Dakota, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in South Dakota. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in South Dakota. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!