Moving from California to Minnesota
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Minnesota. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Minnesota
Minnesota isn’t only known for its thousands of lakes and world-class water-based recreational activities, but also features a high standard of living, low unemployment rate, famously nice neighbors, cultural diversity and highly educated population.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• Tornado season starts in March and lasts through August and peaks between May and June.
• Consider moving in spring or fall. Minnesota winter can be harsh with lots of snow and ice. However, if you consider moving in Tornado season, always listen to the radio and take cover immediately when you hear a tornado warning.
• Be sure to check local moving truck permits and parking restrictions. However, permits aren’t required in Minnesota.
• Make sure to have a tornado preparedness kits that contains a first aid kit, a radio, flashlight and extra batteries, cellphone and extra charger, water, non-perishable food, helmet for head protection, pets and food supplies.
• You are required to have a Minnesota driver’s license and vehicle registration within 60 days of moving to the state.
• Cost of living: The amount spent on house, groceries, utilities, transportation, and healthcare depends entirely on the area in which you move in. Urban places like the Twin cities will cost more expenses than rural areas.
• Transportation: The state has plenty of biking and walking trails, highway transportation, metro transits, bus services, railroads, air transport, water service, taxi services, ride sharing, and motor-coach rentals.
• Climate: Minnesota experiences all four seasons and climate varies in each region. Summers are comfortable and warm. Winter can be harsh and snowy with a freezing temperature of -60 degrees.
• Education: The quality of education is relatively high. Minnesota is one of the top three highest-ranking states in education and features over 300 top school districts and 100 colleges and universities.
• Government: Visit https://mn.gov/portal/esota.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help with your Minnesota home search and help transporting your items? Send a us message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Minnesota. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Minnesota? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Minnesota, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Minnesota with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Minnesota, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Minnesota. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Minnesota so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Minnesota, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Minnesota. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Minnesota. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!