Moving from California to Michigan
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Michigan. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Michigan
If you are looking for a small urban town feel without the typical worries you experience in the big cities, then Michigan is just the right place for you. If you are a young professional or are thinking about starting a family, then several great opportunities await your arrival here. Despite being hit by a recession, Michigan’s economy is reviving through the diversity of its innovative market, making it a viable place for anyone to live in.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• The best time to plan on moving to Michigan is the Fall season.
• Try to plan your move time to early mornings and late evenings and drink plenty of water if you choose to move to Michigan in the summer.
• Check on local parking restrictions before moving to Michigan. However, you do not need any moving permits.
• Ensure to listen to the weather forecast before moving and plan ahead. Michigan weather can be unpredictable.
• It is necessary to obtain a Michigan driver’s license within 30 days of moving to the state.
• Cost of living: The cost of living varies depending on the part you are moving to. Different counties have different state taxes, transportation cost and production costs. Still, the cost of groceries, housing, utilities, taxes, transportation, and healthcare is significantly less in Michigan.
• Transportation: Michigan offers road, airport and rail services. However, ensure to have an insurance policy for your car as Michigan roads are not well maintained.
• Climate: Michigan experiences all four seasons and varies by region. Generally, Summers are hot and winters are cold with heavy snowfall. Tornadoes are frequent during spring and summertime.
• Education: You’ll have access to excellent educational opportunities. Michigan is home to several prominent liberal art colleges and universities with a mix of sporting activities. However, Tuition is costly.
• Government: Visit michigan.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help with your Michigan home search and help to transport your items? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Michigan. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Michigan? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Michigan, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Michigan with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Michigan, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Michigan. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Michigan so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Michigan, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Michigan. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Michigan. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!