Moving from California to Iowa
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Iowa. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Iowa
Besides pig whisperers and hog callers, there are plenty of other opportunities waiting in Iowa. Fast-growing economy, affordable cost of living, affordable housing, diverse job opportunity, premium healthcare and quality education. Iowa is a perfect state for retirees and millennial’s.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• Winter starts from November to March and Summer starts from June through August.
• Plan your move in the early mornings and late evenings and hydrate often if you should move in the summer. Summer can be pretty hot and uncomfortable.
• Be prepared for snow, winds and icy roads if you propose to move in the winter. Temperature can drop below sub-zero degrees in the winter season.
• Fall is the best season to plan a move due to its pleasant weather from late March through May.
• Late spring is the best time to find a rental property around local Iowa college towns as students tend to rent them at the end of summer and beginning of fall.
• You are required to have an Iowa driver’s license and vehicle registration within 60 days of moving to the state.
• Cost of living: The cost of living varies depending on the part you are moving to. The cost of groceries, housing, utilities, taxes, transportation and healthcare are significantly less in Iowa.
• Transportation: Traffic problems are almost non-existent in Iowa. Iowa walk-friendly and bike-friendly, however Iowa’s big cities like Des Moines has some of the worst traffic in the state.
• Climate: Iowa summers can be hot and humid, winter tends to be harsh and cold, fall is generally mild and dry, and spring has a mild temperature. However, be prepared for tornadoes and have a preparedness kit.
• Education: Iowa has many excellent educational institutions and top-ranked schools for elementary, high, and higher education. Iowa hosts sporting events between the states most prominent schools: University of Iowa and Iowa State University. Research more on your prospective school district before moving to your home.
• Government: Visit Iowa.gov for more state and legal information, and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help with your Iowa home search and help to transport your items? Send a us message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Iowa. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Iowa? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Iowa, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Iowa with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Iowa, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Iowa. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Iowa so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Iowa, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Iowa. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Iowa. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!