Moving from California to Indiana
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Indiana. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Indiana
The Hoosier state is one of the underestimated states; not many realize that moving to Indiana can be a great choice. It is one of the good places to start a business due to rich networking. It’s easier to find a co-working space filled with automobile gurus, tech-savvy, designers, health practitioners and writers.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• Spring and summer bring tornadoes. Make sure to have a tornado preparedness kit and heed the warning as soon as you hear a tornado warning.
• Check on local parking restrictions before moving to Indiana. However, you do not need any moving permits.
• It is necessary to obtain an Indiana driver’s license within 60 days after moving.
• Avoid moving during rush hours. Indiana big cities – Indianapolis, Hammond and Gary are known for the state’s worst traffic congestion.
• Be extra careful when driving. Indiana roads have lots of trash and debris scattered around.
• Cross-check your time to avoid missing appointments. Indiana has two different time zones: Eastern Time and Central Time.
• Cost of living: Indiana is an inexpensive place to live compared to other California cities. There is a great significance in housing, food and groceries, healthcare, transportation and utilities between Indianapolis and California cities. Indianapolis is 29.4% less expensive than Sacramento, CA.
• Transportation: Indiana lacks public transit systems. However, it has a good highway system, light rails, Bike-friendly and less traffic. Having a car is a huge plus.
• Climate: Indiana has a humid continental climate and enjoys four regular seasons. Summers are hot and humid. Winters can be snowy and freezing, and spring time offers beautiful and breathtaking views of fall foliage.
• Education: Indiana is home to three world-renowned universities- University Bloomington, University of Notre Dame and Purdue University. They offer a lot of specialties. However, there are many small universities you can choose from.
• Government: Visit in.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help with your Indiana home search and help to transport your items? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Indiana. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Indiana? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Indiana, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Indiana with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Indiana, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Indiana. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Indiana so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Indiana, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Indiana. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Indiana. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!