Moving from California to Houston, TX
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Houston, Texas. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Houston, Texas
Houston, “The bayou city” is the fourth populous city in the US and the largest in Texas, popularly known for its ethnic diversity, low cost of living, a soaring job market, natural beauty, wildlife, its incredible beaches and museums. It is recognized globally for its energy industry, particularly oil and gas. It is a busy, cosmopolitan city with many offers to those who live there and about to move there. If you’re considering moving to Houston, check below for quick tips on moving.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
– Hurricane season starts on June 1 and lasts through Nov 30 and peaks between August and September.
– Avoid rush hour when moving; Houston is a big city with heavy traffic.
– Houston has no zoning law. You could find a high-rise block built next to your house.
– You can choose diverse energy companies, thereby keeping the rate low and optimal service for customers due to competition.
– Houston is a large city. You may need to take several buses or train to get to your destination. It is advisable to live close to where you are working as Houston isn’t a walkable city and has lots of traffic.
– Transportation: The public transportation system is run by Metro and consists of an efficient road and rail system. However, Houston has a good network of cycling only lanes.
– Climate: Summers are notoriously humid and relatively mild winter. Houston lies within the Gulf Coast of Texas, be prepared for hurricanes and make sure to have an emergency kit.
– Cost of living: There is a significant difference between the Housing cost, groceries, healthcare and entertainment compared to cities in California. House prices and rent are affordable and it’s a real estate hotspot. There are varieties of restaurants and supermarkets with reasonably priced goods according to your pocket.
– Education: Houston has varieties of educational facilities. It is home to several top universities, Academic and research institutions, and some of the nation’s best public-school districts. Research more on your prospective school district before moving.
– Government: visit http://www.houstontx.gov for more government and legal registration and information.
Want an expert to help you with your move and Houston home search? to get started today!
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Houston, Texas. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Houston, Texas? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Houston, Texas, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Houston, Texas with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Houston, Texas, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Houston, Texas. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Houston, Texas so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Houston, Texas, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Houston, Texas. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Houston, Texas. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!