Moving from California to Florida
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Florida. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Florida
Miles of uninterrupted coastline, fantastic beaches, warm climates, and love for Disney and Harry Potter are common between California and Florida. It’s no surprise that many Californians ultimately move to Florida. Despite their understandable similarities, there is a significant difference in the quality of life between the Sunshine State and the Golden state.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
– The best time to plan on moving to Florida is November through May due to weather.
– Try to plan your move time to early mornings and late evening and drink plenty of water if you choose to move to Florida in the summer.
– Avoid moving in the hot summer months. Moving during the summer can be very uncomfortable and dangerous.
– Note that in urban areas, traffic can be at a stand-still between 8am and 9am, and 4pm to 6pm.
– Hurricane season starts from Jun 1st to Nov 30th. Make sure to have hurricane preparedness kits that contain non-perishable foods, water, flashlights, a radio, pet food, extra medications, a first aid kit, and lanterns.
– It’s important to remember that you shouldn’t swim in areas that are known to host alligators or approach to feed them. However, Attacks are rare, but be watchful.
– Transportation: The more urban areas have public transportation systems that can be relied on daily. The urban areas are numbered street names that increase and decrease based on the direction you are moving in, hence making it easy to navigate.
– Climate: Summer throughout the state is long, very warm, and relatively humid. Winter is mild with periodic invasions of cool to occasionally cold air. Daily thunderstorms are the norms.
– Cost of living: The cost of living, housing, utilities, healthcare in most cities in Florida is expensive, but not more costly than living in California. Florida does not assess a state income tax compared to California’s 13% tax rate.
– Education: Florida has different public, private schools for K-12 students, Montessori schools, magnet schools, colleges, and universities. Florida boasts a high number of English language students and a 75% graduation rate.
– Government: Get government information at https://www.flhsmv.gov
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Florida. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Florida? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Florida, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Florida with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Florida, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Florida. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Florida so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Florida, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Florida. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Florida. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!