Moving from California to Alaska
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Alaska. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Alaska
Alaska, “America’s last frontier,” is noted for its spectacular natural beauty, clean marine air, rich-unique history, diverse culture, extreme temperature, endless recreational opportunities, robust job market and abundance of wildlife. Check out the essential information you need to know before moving below.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• The best time to plan to move to Alaska is in the summer season, from May to Mid-October.
• No moving permits are needed and most areas have lots of parking space. However, be sure to check on local parking restrictions if you consider moving to the more populated area in Alaska.
• It is necessary to obtain an Alaska driver’s license and vehicle registration within 60 days after moving to the state.
• Make sure to have a health certificate from a veterinarian if you consider moving with your pets.
• Alaska is enormous and you may be miles from service centers. Consider having a first aid kit, toolbox, provision, a mobile phone, extra charger and a list of emergency numbers in case you get stuck on the road.
• Having a stable source of income is advisable before moving as the cost of living is high.
• Maintaining residency for one complete calendar year results in qualifying for a special oil-funded Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) paid by the government annually.
• Cost of living: The cost of living is high compared to the U.S average but lower to some California cities. Real estate, transportation, rent, gas, food and groceries, and healthcare are high. Electricity and utility are relatively inexpensive.
• Transportation: Getting around Alaska isn’t easy. The roads are long and you’ll be traveling by ferry, marine highway or plane to get outside the city. Also, airline tickets are expensive.
• Climate: Summer offers long, warm, sunshine-filled days with an average temperature of 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit and over 20 hours of sunlight. Winter can be harsh and receives lots of snow and freezing temperatures as low as -50 degrees with 4 hours of sunlight.
• Education: The quality of education is relatively high. Alaska features over 50 top school districts and ten colleges and universities.
• Government: Visit alaska.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory task.
Need expert help with your Alaska home search and help to transport your items? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Alaska. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Alaska? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Alaska, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Alaska with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Alaska, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Alaska. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Alaska so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Alaska, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Alaska. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Alaska. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!