Moving from California to Alabama
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Alabama. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Alabama
Alabama is known for its science innovations, automotive industry, rich culture, festivals, historical background, and hospitality-making it a great place to move into if you enjoy natural, historical scenery and lovely neighbors. If you plan to stay away from the hustle and bustle lifestyle and enjoy a little calmer and more natural environment, Alabama is an excellent choice for you.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• October is the best month to move due to its dryness and mild weather.
• Avoid moving in high-storm months: March, April, May or November.
• Be sure to check local moving truck permits and parking restrictions before moving to Alabama.
• If you consider moving in Tornado season, always listen to the radio and take cover immediately if you hear a tornado warning.
• Have a Tornado/Hurricane preparedness kit, first aid kit, a radio, toolbox, flashlight, extra batteries, cellphone, extra charger, water, non-perishable food, helmet for head protection, pets and food supplies.
• It is necessary to obtain an Alabama driver’s license within 30 days after moving to the state.
• Cost of living: Alabama is significantly more affordable than the Golden State, with the overall cost of living 12% below the national average. However, wages can be below the national average, but groceries, rent, and other necessities are very cheap.
• Transportation: Public transportation is cheap. There is a good dedicated network of roads and highways, including airports and seaports. Fairly bike-able and walk-able.
• Climate: Climate varies by region. Generally, Alabama has a typical subtropical climate. Summers are hot and humid, short heavy rainfalls, and mild winters. It is a state of extreme weather conditions, including thunderstorms, tornadoes and hurricanes during spring and fall.
• Education: Alabama’s educational standard is a mix of sports and academics with over 100 top school districts and 80 top colleges and universities. The schools have ranked high for national averages in math, science and reading.
• Government: Visit alabama.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help with your Alabama home search and help to transport your items? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Alabama. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Alabama? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Alabama, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Alabama with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Alabama, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Alabama. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Alabama so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Alabama, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Alabama. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Alabama. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!