Moving from California to Virginia
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Virginia. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Virginia
The ‘Old Dominion’ is home to spectacular natural beauty, a growing economy, low cost of living and more. If you’re thinking about making a move, this guide will help you explore the major things the state has to offer.
Helpful Moving Tips and What to Know:
• Plan your move during the Spring and Fall due to the excellent temperature and weather.
• If you consider moving in Summer, plan your move in early mornings and late evenings. You should also hydrate often and wear a lot of sunscreen. Summer can be pretty hot and intolerable.
• If you consider a move in Winter, drive carefully, slowly and plan ahead. Snowfall causes major traffic tie-ups and school closings.
• Check on local moving restrictions before moving. Some apartment buildings won’t allow you to move in during the weekend. You also may need to reserve a freight elevator or arrange access to a special delivery area behind your building.
• It is necessary to obtain a Virginia driver’s license within 30 days of moving to the state.
• Cost of living: The amount spent on your home, groceries, utilities, transportation, and healthcare depends entirely on the area in which you move. Urban places like Arlington will be more expensive than rural areas.
• Transportation: Virginia cities have effective public transport with buses, rails, and airport services. However, during the Winter, snow might lead to closed-off roads, bridges and schools. Melting snow and spring rains can cause accidents, potholes and other damage to the road surface.
• Climate: Summers are hot and humid. Winter can be cold and harsh, especially in the mountain to the west. Spring is the most pleasant season but it’s accompanied by plant-related allergies-sneezing, watery eyes and runny nose. Fall is calm and mild.
• Education: Virginia is home to public schools, private schools, colleges and universities. The district is known for its high level of education and has won many accolades over the years.
• Government: Visit virginia.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help to move and transport your items to Virginia? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Virginia. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Virginia? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Virginia, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Virginia with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Virginia, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Virginia. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Virginia so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Virginia, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Virginia. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Virginia. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!