Moving from California to Vermont
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Vermont. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Vermont
Do you want to explore the natural world? Vermont is the place for you. Despite the intriguing mountains and scenery, it is also one of the best places to settle down and buy a home. Vermont offers residents a quaint and quiet atmosphere, jaw-dropping scenery, hospitality, affordable cost of living, relatively low housing and spacious surrounding.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• You are required to obtain a Vermont driver’s license within 60 days of moving to the state.
• The best time to consider a move to Vermont is between May and October due to the mild weather.
• If you consider moving in the high summer month, plan your move early in the morning and hydrate often.
• Moving during Winter can create a dangerous environment for driving, lifting and carrying.
• Be sure to map out your route ahead of time to avoid getting lost. Vermont has many dirt roads that are not properly marked with clear street names.
• Be sure to check local moving truck permits and parking restrictions. However, permits aren’t required in Vermont.
• Check weight limits in advance because Vermont has weight limits for certain bridges. Find an alternative route if your truck exceeds the limit.
• Vermont is among the top ten country’s healthiest states and has been declared healthy four times in a row. There are plenty of health and fitness amenities.
• Cost of living: Vermont’s cost of living exceeds the national average. Food, groceries, utilities, healthcare, and heating (especially during long winters) are expensive but lower than most California cities.
• Transportation: Vermont offers a variety of transportation services. Transportation is cheap and pocket-friendly, 22.1% below the national average.
• Climate: The state features a humid continental climate and has four distinct seasons. Summers are humid and hot, Winters are harsh, cold and snowy. Spring time is muddy, and Autumns are colorful.
• Education: Vermont has a large variety of public and private schools for K-12 students. Vermont also offers Montessori education, magnet schools, colleges and universities. The state has over 50 of the top school districts and over 15 colleges, including the University of Vermont, Middlebury College, Norwich University and others.
• Government: Visit vermont.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help finding a home and transporting your items to Vermont? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Vermont. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Vermont? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Vermont, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Vermont with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Vermont, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Vermont. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Vermont so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Vermont, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Vermont. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Vermont. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!