Moving from California to South Carolina
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in South Carolina. Contact us now!
Moving from California to South Carolina
The “Palmetto State” has more to offer than its beautiful beaches and a perfect vacation destination. South Carolina offers rich culture, diversity, delicious seafood, varieties of bird species, colonial history, low property taxes, low unemployment, and a welcoming atmosphere. These are the things that you can enjoy being a resident in South Carolina.
Helpful Moving Tips and What to Know:
• You do not need any moving permits. However, check local parking restrictions before moving to South Carolina.
• Try to plan your move time to early mornings and late evenings and drink plenty of water if you choose to move to South Carolina in the summer.
• Avoid moving during rush hours. South Carolina big cities, coastal towns, and resort towns are known for the state’s worst traffic.
• Highways and roads in South Carolina are often littered with debris and trash, so be extra careful when driving.
• It’s important to remember that you shouldn’t swim in areas known to host alligators or approach to feed them. However, attacks are rare, but watch out.
• It is necessary to obtain a South Carolina driver’s license within 90 days of moving to the state.
• Cost of living: South Carolina’s cost of living is lower than the national average. There’s a significant difference in healthcare, utilities, gas prices, food and groceries, real estate, property tax, rent and transportation between cities in California and South Carolina.
• Transportation: The cost of transportation is relatively cheaper than the national average. The average gas price is low, making it easy to move around. However, there are no toll roads in South Carolina.
• Climate: Summer is long, hot and humid. Winter is mild and short. Springtime brings frequent storms accompanied by thunderstorms, tropical cyclones, hurricanes and tornadoes.
• Education: South Carolina has a number of adequate educational institutions for all students of age. Research more on your prospective school district before moving to your new home.
• Government: Visit sc.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help to transport your items and move to South Carolina? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to South Carolina. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to South Carolina? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in South Carolina, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in South Carolina with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to South Carolina, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to South Carolina. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in South Carolina so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in South Carolina, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in South Carolina. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in South Carolina. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!