Moving from California to Rhode Island
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Rhode Island. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Rhode Island
For such a tiny state, be prepared to adjust to the few surprising realities of life in the “Ocean State.” Rhode Island has its own unique culture, beautiful landscape, beaches, rich history, exciting city life, great education, and a great place to raise a family. Isn’t it surprising that you can enjoy all this in proximity without driving too far? Keep reading below and we’ll help you build your moving checklist.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• Check on your local parking restrictions before moving. However, you don’t need a moving permit.
• Avoid moving during rush hours. Rhode Island’s big cities has some of the worst traffic in the state.
• Consider moving during Summer and Winter to get a cheaper housing rate. Demand tends to increase housing prices in Spring and Fall due to Students moving in during these periods.
• Be sure to have cash if your route takes you across Newport bridge.
• Check your local calendar and plan time ahead before you move. Rhode Island hosts large festivals that attract lots of crowds.
• It is necessary to obtain a Rhode Island driver’s license within 30 days.
• Plan your delivery dates carefully. Most cities will not allow you to place your moving containers in the driveway or yard until you have closed on your property.
• Cost of living: The cost of living in Rhode Island is 10% higher than the national average. That goes for housing, utilities, heating and transportation. Additionally, the cost of housing is high due to little available land and high demand.
• Food and groceries are imported making it expensive due to little agricultural production.
• Transportation: There are no toll roads in Rhode Island, but you have to pay the toll to cross the Newport bridge. Providence is connected by a high-speed rail to Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington DC. Rhode Island also has one of the best airport services in the entire U.S.
• Climate: Summers are humid and hot, accompanied by lots of rainfall. Winter can be harsh, cold and icy. Fall is a season to look forward to due to its mild weather and beautiful fall foliage.
• Education: Rhode Island is flourishing in education. It’s home to world-famous ivy League Brown university, well regarded design schools, and other notable schools and colleges.
• Government: Visit ri.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Do you need expert help transporting your items and finding a home in Rhode Island? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Rhode Island. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Rhode Island? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Rhode Island, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Rhode Island with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Rhode Island, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Rhode Island. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Rhode Island so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Rhode Island, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Rhode Island. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Rhode Island. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!