Moving from California to New York
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in New York. Contact us now!
Moving from California to New York
With a rich history, diversity, natural wonders, lots of fun activities, a tourist hot-spot and a good economy, New York is a place of diverse opportunities. For singles, families, professionalism and anyone in between, the empire state offers a wide variety of possibilities.
What to Know and Helpful Moving Tips:
• Due to its mild weather, June is one of the most popular months for moving. Make time beforehand for traffic congestion, however.
• The hottest month is August. If you choose to move in this month, plan your movement early in the morning and hydrate often.
• Moving truck permits could be strict in the city. Before moving, check for local parking restrictions.
• If you plan on moving with big items, ask if the building you are moving to has a freight elevator.
• It is necessary to get a driver’s license from New York 60 days after moving to the state.
• Cost of living: New York’s cost of living is high. That goes for food, housing, utilities, transport, insurance, entertainment and healthcare costs. New York ranks among the country’s most expensive.
• Transportation: With buses, rail and airport services, New York has efficient public transportation. New York has a lot of roads with tolls.
• Climate: New York experiences all four seasons, and each region’s climate varies. Summers can be hot, winters are cold and long, fall has a mild temperature, and great outdoor activities are available.
• Education: There are a number of educational facilities in New York. It is home to several top universities, colleges, academic and research institutions, and some of the best public school districts, music programs, arts, athletics, mathematics, and more. Before moving, research more about your potential school district.
• Government: For more state and legal information and mandatory tasks, visit ny.gov.
Need expert assistance to transport your items and search for your home in New York? Send us a message.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to New York. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to New York? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in New York, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in New York with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to New York, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to New York. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in New York so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in New York, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in New York. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in New York. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!