Moving from California to Maine
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Maine. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Maine
Maine is one of the quietest, serene, and peaceful state you could choose to live in. The state is famous for its Pine trees, fresh seafood, stunning coastline, abundant nature, stellar education and affordable housing. You can’t get wrong moving to this New England state.
Helpful moving tips and what to know:
• The best time to move to Maine is the late Spring or Fall due to its mild weather.
• Maine is one of the states with the cleanest air, healthiest quality of life, and one of the safest states in all of the U.S.
• Avoid rush hours when moving. Maine might be less populated, but its big cities experience high-traffic congestion.
• You are required to have a Maine driver’s license and vehicle registration within 60 days of moving to the state.
• Be sure to check local moving truck permits and parking restrictions. However, permits aren’t required in Maine.
• Cost of living: The cost of living in Maine is slightly higher than the national average. However, the cost of living varies by region. Additionally, food and utilities are generally low in Maine.
• Transportation: Maine has an effective public transportation service with roads, highways, rails, ferries, and airport services.
• Climate: Maine features a humid continental climate. Winters are long, cold, snowy and can be uncomfortable. Summers are humid, warm and pleasant. Spring and fall often come with thunderstorms.
• Education: Maine has a strong commitment to education. Maine has quality educational institutions from kindergarten to graduate schools, and offers a wide range of educational resources to its residents with over 100 top school districts and more than 30 top colleges.
• Government: Visit maine.gov for more state and legal information and mandatory tasks.
Need expert help to moving your items and finding a new home in Maine? Send us a message now.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Maine. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Maine? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Maine, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Maine with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Maine, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Maine. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Maine so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Maine, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Maine. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Maine. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!