Move From California to Texas
Tired of The High Cost of Living in California?
We'll help you find your new home in Texas. Contact us now!
Moving from California to Texas
Texas is the most popular destination for Californians, which boasts impressive job growth, diverse cities, energy, friendly neighbors, great higher education options, rich culture, and relatively affordable housing. Keep reading for moving tips if you have decided to trade in the Golden State for the Lone Star state.
Helpful Moving Tips and What to Know
– Hurricane seasons starts on June 1 and last through Nov 30th, and peaks between August and September.
– Check on local parking restrictions before moving to Texas, although you don’t need any moving permits.
– Suppose you are moving to one of the key areas. Avoid rush hour because Texas big cities are known as some of the worst cities for traffic in the U.S.
– It is necessary to obtain a Texas driver’s license and vehicle registration within 90 days of moving to the state.
– Cost of living: The state boasts a decent cost of living in most suburban areas of the state, excluding Austin, which is the hot spot for real estate. There is a significant difference between the housing costs, groceries, healthcare, and entertainment in California and Texas with a 0% income tax.
– Transportation: Texas lacks public transport and has a higher cost of transportation services compared to California
– Climate: The weather in Texas varies depending on the location. The average temperatures are mild and warm, with subtropical climate extremes over 100 degrees during summer. The weather during winter is mild. Be prepared for hurricanes if you are moving to the Gulf Coast of Texas.
– Education: Texas is large and so is the variety of educational opportunities available. A variety of public, private, magnet schools and everything in between is available as schooling options. Research more on your prospective school district before moving to your new home.
– Government: Visit www.texas.gov for more state and legal information.
Your Personal Relocation Concierge
Work with our real estate professionals for your next move to Texas. When you sell your home with LeaveCali.com, you’ll receive a customized home sales plan that is tailored to your needs. We’ll provide you with an upfront estimated closing cost statement to show you what you’ll net from your home sale.
Do you need help moving to Texas? We’ve got you covered. We’ll get you in contact with the best moving and transportation’s companies in your area so you can get the best service and deal possible.
Network of Home Service Providers
If you need assistance in disconnecting and transferring your utilities at your new home in Texas, we’ll take care of this for you. We have network of home service providers including:
• Hauling companies + more
When you buy your next home in Texas with a LeaveCal.com, you’ll receive:
• Utilities and home service connections
• Connections to Mortgage loan originators for pre-approval
• Customized community and school reports for your new location
If you’re ready to move out of California to Texas, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve simplified the process and will create a custom plan for your next move out of California.
What sets us apart is having the knowledge, experience and resources to help you successfully move out of California to Texas. We have the local and nationwide resources and experienced professionals to make your move a success without taking chances on an agent not experienced in this type of move.
If you want to temporarily rent in Texas so you can become more familiar with the city before you buy a property, we’ll get it done. We can help identify suitable rental options for you in Texas, and put together a plan for when you decide to make a purchase.
There are multiple different ways to structure your sell/buy, but in most cases your home doesn’t have to be sold before you can purchase your next home in Texas. Every sellers situation is different and that’s where our expertise comes in. We’ll find out what will work best for your situation.
We use strategies such as contingent offers, seller rent-backs and bridge loans. During our consultation, we will identify which strategy will make your move a success and clearly explain how the process works.
During your initial phone consultation with our approved specialist, we will gather your cities of interest and put you in contact with our professionals in Texas. We will provide you with all the information you need in your target areas to help you identify the right city to focus on. Contact us now!